Primary Level : Basic Principles of Credit and Debt Management
I. Week 1
Lesson 13: What is credit and debit?
- Children to learn the Difference between credit and debit cards, and develop an understanding of when to use each payment method.
- The discussion can be adjusted to suit the age and knowledge level of the students, and can be used as a starting point for further exploration of personal finance topics.
- It also provides an opportunity for students to practice communication and critical thinking skills.
Children will be able to
- Understand the concept of good debts vs bad debts
- Control spending, consider others above self, be contented, spend within their allowance, go through character building process
- Having a guided discussion for primary school students in Vietnam on credit vs debit can help them understand the difference between the two, as well as the pros and cons of each payment method. Here’s an example of how to conduct a guided discussion on credit vs debit:
II. Week 2
Lesson 14: Understanding interest rates and fees
- Children to learn the interest rates and fees for using credit cards and facilities
- Children will be able to learn the pros and cons of using Credit Cards
III. Week 3
Lesson 15: Credit card responsibility
- Children to learn the importance of Credit card responsibility
- Children will be able to help primary school students understand credit card responsibility and develop responsible spending habits.
IV. Week 4
Lesson 16: Good debt vs. bad debt
- Children to learn the difference between Good debt vs. bad debt
- Children will be able to understand the difference between good debt and bad debt, and how to make smart borrowing decisions.